Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cedar is evil.

I know this is not a new topic or issue for anyone that lives in Texas and is in possession of a respiratory system. But Cedar season blows. I have been hiding inside for the last two, maybe three weeks and STILL it won't go away.
Last year I decided to be all proactive with it. So I joined a research study thinking,"I'll feel good AND get paid big bucks! Whooo! Ice cream for all!". This was a lie. I started the study last week and all I can say is.....I'm pretty sure I got the placebo.
I haven't felt as disgusting as I do right now since I woke up from day drinking one 4th of July with a cut on my knee and chicken bones on my bed. But I digress.
You see, with a study you can't take any other medications. Not only that but you also can't use a Neti pot, herbal tea or anything, frankly, that might make you NOT want to feel like dying. I've been completely unproductive and dragging major ass for the last week.
So last night I gave up. I popped 2 claritin and a couple of Benedryl. I was still stuffy after that and am still not 100%, but at least I don't feel like my head is about to explode from the snot pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment